Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnthonyArrowRoc
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted

Please reference the following post:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Gate-Driver-ICs/Is-there-a-die-change-between-IRS21094STRPBF-and-I...

Is there a statement from Infineon regarding this or any reports stating the differences?

I need to know if the process of the die changed, if it’s a different size, etc.

If changes are significant, the parts will need to be requalified. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Anthony,

Sorry for late reply. I have checked internally and found that IRS and IR2 are Gen 2 and Gen 5 technology and therefore have a significant change in die. However, I recommend  to use 2ED21094S06F as it is more robust but with different technology. 

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hello Anthony,

We are working on your query, meanwhile may I know why you require the die change information. 

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes
AnthonyArrowRoc
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

If the changes are significant enough, the part will need to be requalified by the customer. 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello Anthony,

Sorry for late reply. I have checked internally and found that IRS and IR2 are Gen 2 and Gen 5 technology and therefore have a significant change in die. However, I recommend  to use 2ED21094S06F as it is more robust but with different technology. 

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes