Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
salmanpy
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I am currently engaged in the process of designing an IGBT driver circuit using the latest Infineon IC, the 2ED1324S12P. My design reference comes from the evaluation board (EVAL-2ED1324S12PM1) provided by Infineon.

Specifically, I'm seeking insights into the calculation of R(G_ON) and R(G_OFF) – these are the gate resistances required for turning the IGBT on and off, respectively. Are there any official documents or resources that provide guidance on selecting the right values for these gate resistors individually?

Additionally, I am curious about the diode employed in conjunction with the gate resistor. Is a diode such as the 1N4001 suitable for this application?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
5 likes given 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

Please refer the below attachment for the gate resistor calculation.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1693196821296.png

Regarding the diode will get back to you soon.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

Please refer the below attachment for the gate resistor calculation.

AZIZ_HASSAN_0-1693196821296.png

Regarding the diode will get back to you soon.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Can you explain the term Rg_datasheet, I have trouble finding it.

Also, it shows Rg-on = Rg-off. I want to design the gate resistance for turn on and off separately as designed in the evaluation board (EVAL-2ED1324S12PM1). Please check my attachment.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

1) You can design your Rgon and Rgoff separately with the same above formula mentioned. Only change will be the charging and discharging current will be different. In the above formula , if you keep the charging current value, then you will get Rgon and if you put discharging current, then you will get rgoff value.

2) The diode IN4001 is a general purpose diode and cant not be used for driver application. You can choose a fast acting diode or a Schottky diode.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Can you please help me with the charging and discharging current formula?

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

Since you have same query on case management, I request you to follow up there. In that forum, I have already answered your query. Please do check.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes