Configurable high/ Low side Driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Srini
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

I have an application where I have to design a configurable high/low side driver. The limitations I have are the availability of chips and 3.3V only onboard voltage. I need to achieve upto 2KHz PWM output. Are you please able to confirm what is maximum and minimum duty cycle I will be able to achieve with this circuit.Also please ignore the Vs and Vss pin of IR2110STRPBF, I have already fixed it.

Srini_0-1649718875508.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

Since, the PWM you need is of 2KHz which is low frequency, so the circuit parameters will not effect. The minimum duty will be decided only by the propagation delay of the IR2110 IC  (which is 150 ns max. during turn ON). So, your pulses should be greater than this delay or if you are putting any additional filter then the minimum pulse with should be greater than bandwidth time of the filter (which you have not put as per your circuit).  The maximum you can  go to 100% duty and same you can verify as well.

I hope you understood.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for posting at Infineon community.

Since, the PWM you need is of 2KHz which is low frequency, so the circuit parameters will not effect. The minimum duty will be decided only by the propagation delay of the IR2110 IC  (which is 150 ns max. during turn ON). So, your pulses should be greater than this delay or if you are putting any additional filter then the minimum pulse with should be greater than bandwidth time of the filter (which you have not put as per your circuit).  The maximum you can  go to 100% duty and same you can verify as well.

I hope you understood.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN