BLDCSHIELDIFX007TTOBO1 Library

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
WackoKacko
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi. Newbie here. I just got the BLDCSHIELDIFX007TTOBO1 and tried to run the examples on github. It seems BEMF mode doesn't work at all? I wish I knew that before I ordered the module. Then I soldered on resistors as the datasheet specifies and found that the BLDC_Find_Polepairs example works, but the BLDC_HALL example doesn't. I've got a 14 pole motor. I used a VESC EDU to run the motor and confirm it works, and to obtain its tuning parameters which I've attached as a word file--C header files not accepted, sorry.

Why is it that one sketch will run but not another? What do I need to change in the BLDC_HALL  example?

Seems trivial, I know, but I'd really appreciate some help.

-Kacper

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @WackoKacko ,

Please provide us with the following information:-

1) Motor datasheet/parameters.

2)How is your hardware set up?

3)Are R36/R37/R38 resistors removed from the board for the HALL configuration?

4)Correct value of R18/R19/R20/R21/R22/R23/R25/R26/R27 are being used?

5)Did you try to change the Kp and Ki values? The PI compensator gains are adjusted depending on the motor and load characteristics to meet the target dynamic performance. For optimal operation the tuning of the PI controller is necessary, start with default Ki(PI_REG_I) and Kp(PI_REG_K) given in the code and slowly increase the Kp value to get a faster response if your system became unstable then try to increase the Ki value slowly to reduce the oscillation.

6)Arduino IDE’s Serial monitor log.

Best regards,

Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @WackoKacko ,

Please provide us with the following information:-

1) Motor datasheet/parameters.

2)How is your hardware set up?

3)Are R36/R37/R38 resistors removed from the board for the HALL configuration?

4)Correct value of R18/R19/R20/R21/R22/R23/R25/R26/R27 are being used?

5)Did you try to change the Kp and Ki values? The PI compensator gains are adjusted depending on the motor and load characteristics to meet the target dynamic performance. For optimal operation the tuning of the PI controller is necessary, start with default Ki(PI_REG_I) and Kp(PI_REG_K) given in the code and slowly increase the Kp value to get a faster response if your system became unstable then try to increase the Ki value slowly to reduce the oscillation.

6)Arduino IDE’s Serial monitor log.

Best regards,

Sahil Kumar

0 Likes