6ED2742S01Q-What's so special about this chip?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaydenCai
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted First solution authored 25 sign-ins

Infineon introduces the MOTIX three-phase gate driver IC 6ED2742S01Q. What's so special about this chip?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Infineon Community. Let me introduce this product shortly. 

6ED2742S01Q is a 160 V pre-regulated three phase SOI gate driver with integrated charge pump,
current sense amplifier, over-current protection, and bootstrap diodes.

With following link you can see the technical introduction of this product in detail.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/6ed2742s01q/ 

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions about 6ED2742S01Q. Btw, we provide also Chinese service.

Best regards,

Xiangrui

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Xiangrui
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 50 likes received

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Infineon Community. Let me introduce this product shortly. 

6ED2742S01Q is a 160 V pre-regulated three phase SOI gate driver with integrated charge pump,
current sense amplifier, over-current protection, and bootstrap diodes.

With following link you can see the technical introduction of this product in detail.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/gate-driver-ics/6ed2742s01q/ 

Feel free to ask if you have any further questions about 6ED2742S01Q. Btw, we provide also Chinese service.

Best regards,

Xiangrui

0 Likes
davidmolony
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

I don't think there is anything "special" about it per se, it is just a neat minimal space requirement integrated solution. 
One thing to be careful with is the bootstrap diode resistance - if it is anything like the 2EDL series, the diode is really slow to charge the bootstrap which (for me, above 15kHz and 95% duty) resulted in hitting the UVLO with a 12V gate supply and the "N" variant. The bootstrap in this and the 2EDL look to be similar resistance.

0 Likes

How Long to Bootstrap Charge Above 15kHz and 95% Duty Cycle.

0 Likes