2ED020I12-F2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Vaibhav
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given 5 sign-ins First like received

Hi,

Following are some doubts while designing the driver using above mentioned IC 2ED020I12-F2. 

1. Is Reset require external pull up, if yes how to calculate its value

2. I have selected 2.2k ohms pull for Ready and fault pin. is it correct as 4.7k ohms pull up is used in datasheet circuits.

Regards

Vaibhav

0 Likes
1 Solution
Malleswararao
10 likes received 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi @Vaibhav ,

Thanks for posting your query in Infineon community forum.

For IC "2ED020I12-F2

the Reset pin is already pulled up with a certain resistance internally to provide a current typically 100uA when you use the Reset pin as ENABLE/DISABLE mode.

Malleswararao_0-1655194287605.png

Even in our application circuit is also showing that external resistor is not necessary for both the functions of the RESET pin.

Malleswararao_1-1655194458140.png

that 4.7K resistor is connected to /FLTxx & RDYxx  pins for better feedback to the external circuits not for RESET pin.

Thanks,

Malleswararao.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Malleswararao
10 likes received 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi @Vaibhav ,

Thanks for posting your query in Infineon community forum.

For IC "2ED020I12-F2

the Reset pin is already pulled up with a certain resistance internally to provide a current typically 100uA when you use the Reset pin as ENABLE/DISABLE mode.

Malleswararao_0-1655194287605.png

Even in our application circuit is also showing that external resistor is not necessary for both the functions of the RESET pin.

Malleswararao_1-1655194458140.png

that 4.7K resistor is connected to /FLTxx & RDYxx  pins for better feedback to the external circuits not for RESET pin.

Thanks,

Malleswararao.