2ED020I12-F2 still working while Fault is on

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BengtJonsson
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

I use 3 pieces of Eice driver 2ED020I12-F2 to drive a 3-phase inverter. This driver has a Fault output for each channel which is supposed to activate when a desaturation fault has occurred. If so it should also switch off the gate drive output. I have tried this in another inverter bridge and it works great.

But now on another board,  at least one of the 6 channels are outputting this fault flag. (Don't know which one or how many because the outputs are tied together.) But the bridge still runs the motor!! All the RDY outputs are high and toggling RST doesn't reset the Fault output.

There must be more reasons that can make this output activate than just desaturation.

What is it that the driver doesn't like?

What am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards /Bengt

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

A part of schematic won't help. I request you to do a test by untying the output and check one by one. This will help to identify the problem.

BR,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Can you please provide the schematics.

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, I can give you a part of it. to start with, please let me know if you need more /Bengt

0 Likes

Hi,

A part of schematic won't help. I request you to do a test by untying the output and check one by one. This will help to identify the problem.

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BengtJonsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, of course. Here's the complete schematics.

I will do the test you propose and get back to you.

/Bengt

0 Likes

Hi,

Any update please.

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes
BengtJonsson
Level 1
Level 1

Yes I did the test yesterday. It is not the drivers. All the six fault outputs are high. Instead the signal was driven low by the input pin on another board which was supposed to read the fault outputs. it was a simple I/O setup issue. I should have thought of that earlier, I feel like fool right now 🙂 But anyways, thanks for helping me.

/Bengt

0 Likes

Hi,

I am glad that you found the issue.

BR,

AZIZ

0 Likes