Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Rubacava
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like received

Hello, I am using 1ED3890 to replace and old analog 3 phase inverter system. The old system uses a kelvin emitter in addition to a power emitter to presumably trigger an error on high di/dt situations. Is it possible to implement this system for this driver? If not necessary, where should I connect the extra cable connection from the common emitter busbar?

The article in https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Application+Note+TRENCHSTOP%E2%84%A2+5+in+TO-247+4pin-AN-v01_... mentions in page 8 that: "The driver’s local ground, referenced to the auxiliary emitter, must be isolated from the power ground. This is mandatory to prevent shortening pins E1 and E2". How can I achieve this ground isolation? I'm already using an insulated bipolar supply with 15V ~ -5V.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
5 likes given 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hello,

1) There is a provision of DESAT current shoot through protection in the device. 

2) Regarding your second query of emitter connection. It simply means that driver ground needs to be connected to Kelvin emitter of the device only. Rest your supply of bipolar is fine.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

May I know what do you mean by error on high di/dt.  It is overcurrent error ?

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Yes I mean overcurrent protection.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

1) There is a provision of DESAT current shoot through protection in the device. 

2) Regarding your second query of emitter connection. It simply means that driver ground needs to be connected to Kelvin emitter of the device only. Rest your supply of bipolar is fine.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. One other thing I want to ask is if active clamping is optional for bipolar supplies?

Kind regards.

0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN

Hello,

Yes its optional and some times customers use both.

Thanks and regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes
Rubacava
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First like received

Thanks you for the answers.

0 Likes