1ED31xxMU12H application

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KUOWENYUNG
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Dear Sir,

May I know we can use 1ED31xxMU12H with SI/SIC MOSFET to design high switch? please help advise, thanks!

KUOWENYUNG_0-1653896561010.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Malleswararao
10 likes received 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi @KUOWENYUNG,

Thanks for posting your query in the Infineon community forum.

with the reference to the picture you attached. it has a unipolar supply (+15V and ground(F))

so I would suggest going with the below option for better design

1ED3122MU12H single-channel isolated gate driver with 9A typical sinking, 10A sourcing peak output current, and 3A Low-level clamp peak current in DSO-8  package with large creepage distance (>8 mm) for IGBTs, MOSFETs, and SiC MOSFETs.

1ED3122 offers an active Miller clamp, accurate and stable timing, active shutdown to ensure a safe switch off-state in case the output chip is not connected to the power, and short-circuit clamping to limit the gate voltage during a short circuit. The driver can operate over a wide supply voltage range, either unipolar or bipolar. It has Integrated filters to reduce the need for external filters

I understand that you want 2 resistances separately for  RGon & RGoff. 

The same can be implemented with 1ED3122MU12H also. please check the below link and a picture.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EVAL-1ED3122Mx12H-ApplicationNotes-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d... 

Malleswararao_0-1653900232749.png

Thanks,

Malleswararao

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Malleswararao

Hi @KUOWENYUNG,

Thanks for posting your query in the Infineon community forum.

with the reference to the picture you attached. it has a unipolar supply (+15V and ground(F))

so I would suggest going with the below option for better design

1ED3122MU12H single-channel isolated gate driver with 9A typical sinking, 10A sourcing peak output current, and 3A Low-level clamp peak current in DSO-8  package with large creepage distance (>8 mm) for IGBTs, MOSFETs, and SiC MOSFETs.

1ED3122 offers an active Miller clamp, accurate and stable timing, active shutdown to ensure a safe switch off-state in case the output chip is not connected to the power, and short-circuit clamping to limit the gate voltage during a short circuit. The driver can operate over a wide supply voltage range, either unipolar or bipolar. It has Integrated filters to reduce the need for external filters

I understand that you want 2 resistances separately for  RGon & RGoff. 

The same can be implemented with 1ED3122MU12H also. please check the below link and a picture.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EVAL-1ED3122Mx12H-ApplicationNotes-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d... 

Malleswararao_0-1653900232749.png

Thanks,

Malleswararao

0 Likes

Dear Sir,

thanks for your advise.

Currently, I was test IMW120R060M1H with 1ED3121MU for high switch, and have two phenomena need you help!

1. Current overshoot/undershoot during VGS turn-off. 
  2. Current overshoot with VDS drop when VGS turned off.

KUOWENYUNG_0-1654830411400.png

KUOWENYUNG_1-1654830446152.png

0 Likes
Malleswararao

hi @KUOWENYUNG ,

For more analysis and to understand clearly, may I know you load details

1. type of load and its characteristics.

2. what is your switching time period?

3. Is there any difference in circuit for both phenomena you mentioned.

Thanks 

Malleswararao

0 Likes

Dear Sir,

1. the load step is 5V/1A by resistor 5 ohm

2. the switch type is randomly

3. there is same circuit for both phenomena

kind Regards,

Kuo

0 Likes
Malleswararao

hi @KUOWENYUNG ,

can you share voltage and current wave forms across the load.

and what is the probe you are using?

how much is the probe capacitance?

Thanks,

Malleswararao

0 Likes