1ED020I12F2XUMA1 & 1ED020I12B2XUMA1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
isga_4596741
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Dear Support,

Good day,

Please advise if the part numbers 1ED020I12F2XUMA1 & 1ED020I12B2XUMA1 can be replacement to each other?

What are the difference between the two. Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Although the parameters of 1ED020I12F2XUMA1 & 1ED020I12B2XUMA1 are similar to each other, they differ in their galvanic isolation levels. The former has functional galvanic isolation and latter has basic galvanic isolation. 1ED020I12B2 also has certification of UL 1577.
Functional isolation refers to the minimum amount of isolation assigned to a system so that it will function
properly, without necessarily protecting against electric shock. One example of functional isolation is proper printed circuit board conductor spacing for a given voltage rating.
Basic isolation provides “sufficient” protection against electric shock, with a safety rating at parity with the highest system-level voltage. An example of basic isolation is the addition of insulating barrier tape between polyimide-coated transformer windings.

One can decide on the basis of their application . If your application needs protection against electric shock and utmost safety, go for 1ED020I12B2. And if not, you can go with either of them provided they are operating  in a range defined in the data sheets. 

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community.

Although the parameters of 1ED020I12F2XUMA1 & 1ED020I12B2XUMA1 are similar to each other, they differ in their galvanic isolation levels. The former has functional galvanic isolation and latter has basic galvanic isolation. 1ED020I12B2 also has certification of UL 1577.
Functional isolation refers to the minimum amount of isolation assigned to a system so that it will function
properly, without necessarily protecting against electric shock. One example of functional isolation is proper printed circuit board conductor spacing for a given voltage rating.
Basic isolation provides “sufficient” protection against electric shock, with a safety rating at parity with the highest system-level voltage. An example of basic isolation is the addition of insulating barrier tape between polyimide-coated transformer windings.

One can decide on the basis of their application . If your application needs protection against electric shock and utmost safety, go for 1ED020I12B2. And if not, you can go with either of them provided they are operating  in a range defined in the data sheets. 

Thanks and Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes