1ED020I12-F2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yang
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Dear all:

there is a problem of 1ED020I12-F2,I gives the IN+ a high level and the IN- a low level, but the FLT output low level

yang_0-1651755543781.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Malleswararao
10 likes received 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi @yang,

First of all, thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community form.

it is not recommended that Desat pin be left open.

because an internal current source is generating a few microamperes of current to charge the capacitor which is connected to the Desat pin at the ON time of every switching cycle to monitor an IGBT/MOSFET short circuit.

so in the left open case, there is no control of Desat pin in every switching cycle, and this may lead to an unwanted fault shutdown.

if you do not want to use Desat pin,  please do as Mr.Matthias mentioned in his earlier reply "Make sure that DESAT is connected to secondary GND if it is not connected to the collector or drain of an IGBT/MOSFET."

Thanks,

Malleswararao

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DriverAE
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First reply posted Welcome!

Hello yang,

triggering /FLT is an indication of a DESAT event. In your schematic it is not visible where DESAT is finally connected to. Make sure that DESAT is connected to secondary GND if it is not connected to the collector or drain of a IGBT/MOSFET.

Secondly the nRST is also an "Enable" pin, it needs to be high in order to have the driver enabled.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Likes
yang
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, IGBT was not welded in the test, I will test the chip according to your suggestion

0 Likes
yang
Level 1
Level 1

I have another question, Can the DESAT pin be left floating?

0 Likes
Malleswararao
10 likes received 25 replies posted 10 solutions authored

Hi @yang,

First of all, thanks for posting your question in the Infineon community form.

it is not recommended that Desat pin be left open.

because an internal current source is generating a few microamperes of current to charge the capacitor which is connected to the Desat pin at the ON time of every switching cycle to monitor an IGBT/MOSFET short circuit.

so in the left open case, there is no control of Desat pin in every switching cycle, and this may lead to an unwanted fault shutdown.

if you do not want to use Desat pin,  please do as Mr.Matthias mentioned in his earlier reply "Make sure that DESAT is connected to secondary GND if it is not connected to the collector or drain of an IGBT/MOSFET."

Thanks,

Malleswararao