2EDL05N06PF or 2ED2304S06F

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22878
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked
I am not clear about the differences between different types of devices. For example: 2EDL05N06PF and 2ED2304S06F,
it is very confusing to choose, because they look very similar, so I can only ask infineon for support, I will publish my motor parameters as follows:

It is a PMSM motor, 48V nominal voltage, I will use FOC to drive it

Continuous Current: Adc --> 12.00 | Arms --> 10.00

Peak Current: Adc --> 40.00 | Arms --> 30.00

Rated Cont Power: Watts --> 350

Speed at Rated Power: RPM --> 2400

Design Voltage(Rated voltage): Vbus --> 48.0 (Vdc) | Vac --> 34(Vrms)

Back EMF at Temp: Vpk / kRPM -->18.5 | Vrms/kRPM --> 13.0

Back EMF: Vpk / kRPM --> 19.0 | Vrms/kRPM -> 14.0

Motor Constant at 25°C: N-m/√watt --> 0.28 | oz-in/√watt --> 39.5

Inductance: Lm --> 0.55

As an added bonus, my PCB is very size sensitive, so only choose DSO-8 type package
0 Likes
1 Solution
Pablo_EG
First question asked 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Forums.

The gate driver selection can be defined by some main parameters:
-Type of topology needed (low side driver, half bridge driver, inverter driver etc.)
-How fast do you want to turn on/off the switch (driver output current)
-Blocking voltage of application (in your case >48V)
-Type of switch (Si, SiC, GaN, logic level or not)
-Isolation type

After that is defined, it is a matter of the features you would like to have in the driver.
For example, you mentioned 2EDL05N06PF and 2ED2304S06F.
These drivers belong to different families, and the reason for the naming difference is that they follow a different naming convention.
But as you noted, they have almost identical characteristics.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Gate_Driver_Application_Selection_Matrix-ProductSelectionGuid...
Slides 8 to 11 of the document above describe the logic behind each naming convention.
5456.attach5458.attach
I understand that the naming is confusing and we are working on having a common naming scheme.

Infineon offers a gate driver finder:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/finder-selection-tools/product-finder/gate-driver/?re...

Here you can input your main requirements for the driver, and an automated search will give you the suitable parts.
If your PCB is very size sensitive, you could use a 6ED part (six-channel driver for inverter applications).

Again, I encourage you to use the Gate Driver Finder tool mentioned above.

Best regards,
Pablo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Pablo_EG
First question asked 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hello Jason,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Forums.

The gate driver selection can be defined by some main parameters:
-Type of topology needed (low side driver, half bridge driver, inverter driver etc.)
-How fast do you want to turn on/off the switch (driver output current)
-Blocking voltage of application (in your case >48V)
-Type of switch (Si, SiC, GaN, logic level or not)
-Isolation type

After that is defined, it is a matter of the features you would like to have in the driver.
For example, you mentioned 2EDL05N06PF and 2ED2304S06F.
These drivers belong to different families, and the reason for the naming difference is that they follow a different naming convention.
But as you noted, they have almost identical characteristics.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Gate_Driver_Application_Selection_Matrix-ProductSelectionGuid...
Slides 8 to 11 of the document above describe the logic behind each naming convention.
5456.attach5458.attach
I understand that the naming is confusing and we are working on having a common naming scheme.

Infineon offers a gate driver finder:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/finder-selection-tools/product-finder/gate-driver/?re...

Here you can input your main requirements for the driver, and an automated search will give you the suitable parts.
If your PCB is very size sensitive, you could use a 6ED part (six-channel driver for inverter applications).

Again, I encourage you to use the Gate Driver Finder tool mentioned above.

Best regards,
Pablo
0 Likes
User22878
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked
Thanks for your reply,
0 Likes