xSPY

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User5327
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,
Is it possible to use xSPY with Relax kit ???

I dont see any VCOM port when I plug USB cable to debbuger?!
What should I do pls?

Thanks.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Arno
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi

before you can use the VCOM, the USB CDC driver has to be installed. This is part of the SEGGER driver package, but must be installed manually. It can be found in the SEGGER install path. watch out for USB CDC driver. In case, there is an old formware at the relax kit, which does not support VCOM, you can download the latest driver package from SEGGER website (http://www.segger.com/jlink-software.html). Firmware update will happen automatically.

Arno
0 Likes
User5327
Level 4
Level 4
Hi
I downloaded latest driver package and I installed it ... during installation - I selected CDC driver too. But now I still have no VCOM device in my Device Manager in windows 7.
I dont know what is wrong.
Please help.

163.attach
0 Likes
Arno
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Maybe you have to install the CDC manually:
Look for ....\SEGGER\JLinkARM_V472\USBDriver\CDC in your program files folder and execute InstDriversCDC.exe.
This should install the CDC USB driver.
0 Likes
User5327
Level 4
Level 4
I did everything as you said. But still not working 😞
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Sorry, but the VCOM CDC functionality is not supported by the Segger OBD using the XMC4500 as debugger chip which is used in the relax kits. The VCOM CDC functionality is only supported by the Segger OBD using the XMC4200 as debugger chip. The Segger OBD using the XMC4200 as debugger chip comes with all XMC1000 boot kits or with the latest XMC4400/ XMC4200 Hexagon kits. We plan to replace the Segger OBD of the relax kit with the same OBD as currently used on the other kits in a couple of months.
0 Likes