Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mleisner
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

I've seen a lot of chatter over the years about what should be something  which should be simple.

How do I get semihosting working with dave 4.5 and xmc4800 relax?

Most solutions talk about a call to initialise_monitor_handles(void) which I don't see and can't find.

Marty

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Marty,

I made a quick  XMC4800 semihost example you can refer to, please check the attached project.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Marty,

I made a quick  XMC4800 semihost example you can refer to, please check the attached project.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Thanks, my  link problems had to do with a project hosted on an NFS server (not dealing with this now) -- when I put the project on my local win10 disk, it built fine.

But when I run I keep getting:

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x08001a36 in _isatty ()
 and I have to manually continue the program.   Which window does the output appear in? (I never saw it).

Also, in debug configuration, the "enable semihosting" is not checked (but it seems to make no difference if I check it).   Is there something to read about how all these options work?

Marty

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Marty,

In the below image, highlighted area shows the print statements.

Vasanth_0-1646046875030.png

In the debug configuration(startup tab) enable semihosting and console routed to GDB client. You can also disable the breakpoint at main if you are facing any problem with that. I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Marty,
Make sure that the debug config settings are also set properly.

Vasanth_2-1647249397735.png

Best Regards,
Vasanth