updated apps, lost project...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I just updated my app libraries, and now my project seems to be unusable. DAVE recognizes a project, because I can switch to it, and others I've created. But I don't see any files, or apps. I notice that the DAVE IDE button is selected, and I'm guessing thats part of the problem. I don't see an option to convert to a DAVE CE project, anyone have know how to get me out of this predicament?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Rob,

Have you tried to switched to DAVE CE perspective already? Are those missing files previously under the project folder in "Project Explorer" window? Perhaps you can show the snapshot of your project folder?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Sophia, here is a snapshot of the DAVE window. It doesn't seem like I have the option of selecting the DAVE perspective.
388.attach

I have tried opening two existing projects and get the same results. What's interesting is that neither of them look like they have any files, yet I can swap between the two work spaces, implying that DAVE recognizes the work spaces, but not the files within them.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Rob,

Have you tried to create a new DAVE CE project?
Meanwhile, would you mind to provide your project files and .log files for our analysis (log files are under \.metadata\...)? Thanks.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
I can create a new DAVE project. I can instantiate an app, I can run the solver and code generator and see the generated files.

I think I have attached the project and metadata file that was usable prior to updating my app library.

By creating a new workspace, then importing the old project, I can see everything. There is something up with the updated app however. I'll continue to dig in and see if I can figure out whats going on...
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Rob,

The eclipse will hold the workspace projects information in the folder C:\... \.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects
But this folder is empty and does not show any project details. This means either workspace is new or all the projects have been deleted from the workspace.
There are some *.log files under .metadata folder eg. ADC001_Example1_solver.log etc. Are those projects in DAVE workspace before?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Sophia,
I have not figured out why the app update made my work space inoperable, but since I imported the project into a new workspace, I have been able to move forward. I noticed that the project, after updating the app library, would compile, but not behave correctly on the relax board. I was able to figure out that when I migrated from the old app library to the new one, all the settings of my PWM did not make it through the migration. Specifically, the PWM operation went from free running, what I wanted, to one shot, which I did not want. Once I realized what was going on, I updated the setting, and the project worked perfectly. Really like what you guys are creating with tool, and the part family. Keep up the good work!
Best Regards,
Rob
0 Likes