Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
I have installed DAVE 3.1.6 on a notebook with Windows XP SP2. It seems to work well. I created a demo project with a PWMSP002(1.0.20) and a NVIC002(1.0.12). I checked "Enable at initialization" for the Compare Match Interrupt. But when I try to use "signal connection" I find nothing in the drop-down menu. Is there anything I can do?

thanks and sorry for my English.

Cat
0 Likes
12 Replies
Not applicable
Hi,
Could you send us the .log file(s)? There could be multiple .log files.
The .log file can be found in workspace folder:
\.metadata\
(ex: C:\Temp\DAVE_CE_WS_v316\.metadata)
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Hi,
many thanks for response
I have attached the log file I found in the folder .metadata.

Cat
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,
“Invalid path or solver eclipse exe path not found” was found in the .log file. Could you pls check whether the proper solver eclipse path is provided or not?
Go to >DAVE CE->Window->Preferences
72.attach
Solver Eclipse Path (in Solver settings) should point to the solver eclipse path as shown in the "DAVE CE Preferences" window.
The Solver eclipse.exe is part of installation and can be found the installed path of DAVE CE.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,
the solver eclipse path in my DAVE CE->Window->Preferences is the same of your and the Solver eclipse.exe is in the indicated directory.

Cat
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Cat,

Would you pls check the followings:
1) Solver process Eclipse.exe is running?
Open Windows Task Manager and check eclipse.exe process is present in the Processes tab. To double check, right click on the eclipse.exe and click on “Open File location”. It should open the solver folder (see attached snapshot).
73.attach
2) Port number is used?
By default DAVE CE uses 10070. If this particular port number is used by other application/process, connection to the solver process may not be established.
You can try with other port numbers (eg. 10900). The port number can be changed in the same preference page (refer to DAVE_CE_PreferencesWindow.jpg provided in previous post)
After changing the port the DAVE CE should be restarted.
BTW, would you mind to share your workspace? Are you using the latest DAVE CE provided in Infineon web site.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,
I'm using the DAVE CE 3.1.6 version.
Eclipse.exe is not running, I can not find it in the Task Manager.
I changed the port number and restarted DAVE CE but eclipse.exe is still not running.

Cat
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Cat,

Could you pls share the complete workspace directory & the OS your are using?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,
yes but I am not sure of what you mean. Could you please tell me what should I do for share the complete workspace directory?
My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Sp3 and DAVE CE is located in C:\DAVE-3.1
thanks
Cat
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Cat,

The “complete workspace directory” is referring to the full path of workspace folder located (ex. C:\Temp\DAVE_CE_WS_v316) which can be defined by user during launch of DAVE CE.
74.attach

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
lock attach
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,
here is my “complete workspace directory” as you asked me.
thanks
Cat
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Cat,

The ".metadata" folder is missing from the workspace. This folder contains the debug information as I mentioned before. You did sent us the .log file which should be found in workspace folder (\.metadata\). I'm wondering where it is located?

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
lock attach
Not applicable
Hello Sofia,
sorry. I don't know why my TEMP.zip file does not contain the directory metadata that I can see in the original directory on my pc. Here I attached a new zip file with this directory that I manually added to the zip file.
Cat
0 Likes