install/use dave bench on windows 7 64bits

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
putyn
Employee
Employee
Hello, as the title says im trying to install/use infineons ide on a machine running 64bit os

ive tried various tricks found on the web but none of them helped also i can't move to a 32bit os since the machine has 6Gbit ram i have tried with windows xp mode - i got the ide installed but the download to board process fails 4 out of 5 tries so thats not good (with out of sync or connection time out errors)

only other option i can think of would be to run a 32bit os in a virtual box but im not very happy with the idea (i was not very happy running with xp mode either but i already had the software downloaded)

so did anyone had a similar problem and has a fix for it ? ive searched for a 64bit version of dave bench but wasn't able to find one

any suggestion its highly appreciated
Vlad
0 Likes
7 Replies
Not applicable
Hello,

I have the same problem. The software would be used by my students.

I could not get it installed, even in XP compatibility.

Regards

Marc
0 Likes
Not applicable
Make sure you have both 32bit and 64bit Java installed. I am running DAVE3 on 64bit Win7. Get the Windows offline downloads from here. http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
0 Likes
putyn
Employee
Employee
Hey Murry,
the problem its not with DAVE (digital application virtual engineer) that works ok on 32/64 bit OS, i have problems with DAVE Bench - the thing i found odd its that dave bench its build on eclipse ide which works on both 32/64bit systems, anyway i haven't found a solution and im using windows xp in a virtual box

Vlad
0 Likes
Mike1
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First question asked 10 replies posted
Hi,

Actually DAVE-BENCH can run on a 64-bit system. Unfortunately the installer will only run on 32-bit systems. If you can find one 32-bit system to install DAVE-BENCH on, then you can just copy the "DAVE-Bench-201" folder from that system to the hard drive of your 64-bit machine and it will run.

Mike
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,

I installed on a 32-bit xp and copied the file to my 64 bit win7 system.
Eclipse works fine.
The tools don't. (incorporated FLOAD and HITOP debugger (but this could be my fault, the HITOP I mean).

Is it that hard to have the installer adapted to allow installing on 64 bit systems? I would like my students to use DAVE BENCH, without much hassle.

Regards

Marc
0 Likes
Not applicable
Me again,

I solved the problem.

In order for the debugger and the integrated fload to work, you have to install the DAS server. He can be found in the following folder.

C:\DAVE-Bench-201\HitopEclipse\das-server

Once this is done, the debugger and de FLOAD work fine.

The debugging with "universal device access" does not connect to my controller. Does it work using the standard UART upload port of the XC?

Regards

Marc
0 Likes
Not applicable
No debugging is possible over UART. Is your device a brand new chip or is it mounted on an Easy Kit? Devices in Easy Kits have their BMI set to user mode (diagnostic) --> debugging works over SPD.
The default BMI of new devices however is UART boot-loader mode. They can be programmed over UART but debugging is not possible. You can change the BMI with FLOAD.
0 Likes