Use DAVE with version control

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User12431
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
is there a how to for using DAVE together with an version control? I want to use SVN for version control and now the question is which files have to be added to the version control and which one are generated. Is there a descrition?

Thanks for Help

Fabian
0 Likes
2 Replies
User10538
Level 3
Level 3
You can exclude the usual suspects Debug and Release.
You might also exclude "Dave" which contains the code generated by the apps (I haven't tried that)
0 Likes
User12216
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
For version control, I would grab everything in the project directory as well as the Dave, Libraries, and Startup folders. We also have a DAVE_modified directory where we tweak some of the XMC library files that I get as well. I skip .settings folder.

In the Debug and Release directories, I check in just the makefile and .mk files. This allows me to do automated/nightly builds without the DAVE IDE running. The script I have sets up the environment, runs make, and logs all output to a file. If you don't plan on anything like that, the Debug and Release can be skipped completely.
0 Likes