USBD_MS_Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm quite new to dave and when trying to explore the USBD_MS_Example (with a XMC4500 Relax Kit). I couldn't change the StorageMedia in the UIEditor (USBD_MS/0) to Flash.
I would like to view the program that enables me to read/write files into the local flash memory of the board instead of the MMC card reader.
Can anyone help me?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Peter,

There is no pre-defined Storage drive for Flash.
Do you mean that you would like to modify the Storage driver by yourself?
The SDCard_ReadBlocks() and SDCard_WriteBlocks() functions can be found in SDCard.c (under ..\Dave\Generated\src\USBD_MS\storage_driver).

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

We've created our own board with the XMC4500 processor and placed some flash memory on it.
This is simular to the Relax Kit where I've seen that there's also some flash memory onboard.

What I would like to do is :
Connecting the USB port to a PC should make the board act as a USB stick (enabling reading/writing to the flash memory)
Connecting a USB stick to the board should make it possible to read from the stick

The above is a classic USB OTG issue
I've tried finding examples but haven't had any succes (maybe you could provide me one?)
The USBLD001_0 doesn't let me switch between Host mode and Device mode (is this possible -> everything is disabled and how can I change that?)
How can I check P0.9 to see if the USB is on slave or master status ? I need this status to activate P3.2 that enables an external charge pump for the USB VBUS.

Regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

There is no dependency on the USB ID pin (P0.9) in USBMS001 App, same for other USB Apps (refer to "DAVE TIP of the day: Is the USB ID input (P0.9) reserved for USBVC001 App?") Hence, the USB OTG mode is not supported with available Apps. You may refer to USBCORE001 App for your own implementation.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes