UART001 on XMC4500F144K1024 step AC will not give Tx output on P4.7

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User5581
Level 3
Level 3
I suspect that there may be a problem with either the XMC4500F144K1024 step AC silicon or the UART001 DAVE App ver 1.0.24. I am using DAVE 3.1.10.

Sending characters to UART001 does not result in the pin P4.7 output expressing the async. serial signal. If the UART Tx pin is reassigned to P3.11 in the manual pin assignment dialog, then the resulting code does express good UART output on P3.11, as seen by an oscilloscope.

Using IO004 to toggle an output at P4.7 does work and expresses an output correctly on that pin, so this rules out a damaged pin output driver.

I have found this behavior to be repeatable on two different boards, one with a new step AC device that had never before been powered up.

A minimal DAVE 3.1.10 project reproducing this behavior is attached to this post. Perhaps another knowledgeable person could try this and see if they obtain the same results that I did.

Thanks for any help,
-Kurt
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Kurt,

P4.7 refers to HW output pin which I believe DAVE app does not support it.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Kurt,

Thank you very much for the feedback. As mentioned, HW control ports are not supported in UART App. eTicket 772068308 was submitted.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes