Several debugger problems.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User8282
Level 1
Level 1
Hello.

I am working with the Hexagon Starter Kit. I used it some months ago and I think it worked quite fine. But now I have resume my work and I am having problems with the debugger.

It stops at any point, as if there is a breakpoint, but there is no breakpoint there. Maybe I placed a breakpoint but now it is removed. Is it possible that a breakpoint remains somehow active even after removing it?

Also the debugger gets blocked at some points, for instance when sending a CAN message. Sometimes I get this message:

1174.attach

If I run the program without the debugger, it works properly.

At this moment the debugger is a completely usseless tool for mi. 😞

Attached you can find the sample project I am using (the Debug folder is removed because of its big size).

Any help will be wellcome.

Thanks in advance,
José Luis.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Maybe you can try this:

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/winIDEA_open_DAVE_Install_QuickStart_1-0.pdf?folderId=5546d4694909da480...

it is another debugger plugIn. I didn´t ry it by myself but maybe it is more stable. I heard it should have more features.

There is also a possibility to use winIDEA Open. I am using this. It is more stable and has more features. Google for winIDEA Open.

Thomas
0 Likes
User8282
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you Thomas.

The link of your post is for winIDEA. I wonder if you wanted to mention a different one. Anyway, I am installing winIDEA right now.

José Luis.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi José,

in the meantime i also installed the winIDEA Open plugin. It works fine for me. Till now i worked with a winIDEA Open stand allone installation. I just had a problem, that i had to setup the debugmode (SWD) manually. Once i did that, everything works fine and stable. So let me know if it works for you as well. I am currently working with the XMC2Go board.

Thomas
0 Likes