Request for Dave APP: Quadrature module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Hello.

Our company recently decided to switch from the phased-out TI Stellaris LM3S series uC to the XMC4500

Setting up the Dave3 IDE and starting testing on the Hexagon card has been a breeze, and we have found Dave APPs for all our needs except for the Quadrature module.
Have I overlooked it, or is it missing?

We want to use the phase A&B signals from an absolute encoder. The only APP I find is for brush-less DC motor control.

Cheers
0 Likes
20 Replies
Not applicable
Hi OMR,

There is already a DAVE App supported for Quadrature Decoder Mode.
The app is called POSQE001.
Perhaps you try to update your DAVE library to the latest update if you can't find this app in your currently App library.
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
I have updated everything from the Help menu, but the only POS APP available in the App Selection View is POSHL001.
I have also download all the examples, and in the Encoder_FOC_Motor_Example1 I can see POSQE001 in the Dave/Generated/src/ folder.

So why is POSQE001 not showing in the App Selection View?

Here is my Dave version:
Third Generation of DAVE: DAVE 3

Version: 3.1.6
Installer build : 2013-02-25

I even tried re-installing DAVEApps_Library_001 1.0.36 and DAVEApps_MotorControl_Library001 1.0.4 no joy.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Even checked with a co-worker that freshly installed Dave3 and downloaded the Dave APPs. POSQE001 is not part of your current release.
Could you look into it please?

Cheers
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi OMR,

POSQE001 is available in DAVEApps_MotorControl_Library_001 1.0.4.
Could you please go to Help -> Uninstall DAVE App/Example Library and check under DAVEApps_MotorControl_Library_001 whether this app is available.
You should have something look like this:
82.attach

The app version is 1.0.12
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Only two entries in my Motor Library:
85.attach

Seems like fresh installs/downloads don't receive the full library?
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Uninstalled Motor Library and after the Dave restart re-installed it.
Now I have the POSQE001 app, but not the PWM apps as you have:

86.attach

Something fishy here, but I'm happy with getting the POSQE001 App.

Cheers
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi OMR,

Thanks for your feedback, please allow us to check whats wrong with the Motor Control Library installation
Could you provide some information of about your operation system? such as which Windows, 32bit or 64bit, the system language.. etc.. thanks.
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
I'm at W7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit, 8GB RAM.
System language is English.
0 Likes
Raj
Employee
Employee
The MotorControl Libarary update is available now,
DAVEApps_MotorControl_Library_001 v1.0.6

Please update the Libraries using the web link,
Help --> Install DAVE Apps/Example Library --> DAVE Apps Library Manager.

Please refer for the updates,
http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/115-Information-about-Updates/page2
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
We are still struggling with getting the POSEQ001 Dave App to appear.
Now I have Uninstalled all Apps, created a New Workspace, installed all Library_DAVEApps and Library_DAVEDevicesDescription currently available.
After install, the only POS App to show up in the list is POSHL001.
I can see during App installation that POSQE001 is found and installed, but it does not show up in the App Selection View.

What is even more strange is that my Uninstall Dave App/Example Library is now completely empty.

Any ideas?
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi OMR,

Do you have the DAVEApps_MotorControl_Library_001 v1.0.6 installed in your DAVE system?
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Yes, but if I go to Uninstall Dave App/Example Library nothing shows.
Trying again to re-install Apps now.
Could it be that there is two versions of the LibraryManager present? I see both 1.0.38.201302201023 and 1.0.40.2013.04121532 ?
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Sorry, no I think the motor library version is 1.0.8
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
I will attempt a completely fresh Dave install and see how that goes ....
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Downloaded the current Dave ZIP and unpacked.
Started Dave from the /eclipse folder, created a fresh workspace and updated from Help->Check for Updates. Took all Dave updates.
Created a new Dave CE application project, with Target Selection: XMC4000->XMC4500 Series->XMC4502-F100x768->Stepping AB

And, just as before, the POSQE001 App is not there. Installer says that DAVEApps_Library_001 1.0.40 is installed and also DAVEApps_MotorControl_Library_001 1.0.8

Please help us solve this.
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Found the source of this problem. POSQE001 does not show when selecting Stepping AB. OK for AA!
Seems to be a problem with all devices and stepping AB.

Please fix 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi OMR,

Not all apps supporting AB step device at the moment.
Our development teams are hardworking on these updates now.
We will regulary release the updated Apps that support AB step device.
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
That is good to hear for we will need it next week when our new HW with AB stepping arrives! 🙂
0 Likes
User6793
Level 4
Level 4
Any ETA for the POSQE001 App for XMC4500 F100K 1024 AB ES?

If it is late, will it be possible to run the POSQE001 from a AA project on AB HW?
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
POSEQ001 will be updated to support XMC4500 AB step by August / Sept this year. It should not be a problem to use AA step Apps and run them on AB step. With the migration functionality we plan to proved in a new DAVE releases in August it is then possible to migrate the entire project to AB step.
0 Likes