Register View in Dave 4.14

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
Hello,

is there a way to get back the Register (now Peripherals) View implemented in DAVE <= 3.18.

Marc
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Marc,

Sorry there's no option in DAVE 4 for the DAVE 318 view.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
Thank you Daryl,

my problem is that after stopping/restarting the Debugger DAVE resettes the registers view, so I have to search (scroll) again and again the regs.
Why is this solution so much worse than the old view?
Or can this be fixed in the options? Maybe i missed something.

Marc
0 Likes
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
A much better Register View is here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/embsysregview/

Marc
0 Likes
User10983
Level 1
Level 1
Marc

Can you elaborate on how you got XMC recognized by embsysregview?

I've tried adding an infenion folder here:
\DAVE-4.1.4\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.cdt.embsysregview.data_0.2.5.r180\data\SVD(CMSIS)\

and added the relevant SVD file from here:
\Infineon\D_LibraryStore_4.1\DeviceFeatures\pack\2.1.2\Libraries\CMSIS\Infineon\SVD\

I've also tried just renaming the .svd to .xml but when I find it in in the EmbSys preference chip setup window and hit OK I briefly get some error message that I cannot see and the EmbSys Registers window keep telling me to select a chip in preferences.

My first thought is that this may be related to the format of the .svd file, but I'm not sure.

Would you be wiling to share the steps needed for this plugin to work nicely with DAVE and XMC?
0 Likes
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Nicolaj,

download this file: (same Site)
Released /embsysregview/0.2.5/org.eclipse.cdt.embsysregview_update_site.zip

How to install:
http://sourceforge.net/p/embsysregview/discussion/964553/thread/802ea0d2/

Start Dave, -> Help Menue -> install new Software -> ADD -> local, search and select the downloaded zip and install.

Marc
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,

I am stuck with the same problem Nicolaj described a few months ago.
I have downloaded the EmbSys register view from sourceforge and added it to my local Dave 4 installation.
Afterwards I tried to configure the view for usage with my XMC 4500 board.
I can find the coretx-m4 architecture in the configuration menu but there is no Infineon listed as vendors to choose from.

2246.attach

Therefore i hold on to Nicolaj description and copied the XMC_4500 svd into the org.eclipse.cdt.embsysregvie w.data_0.2.5.r180\data\SVD(CMSIS)\Infineon folder. (Infineon folder was created by me)
I renamed the .svd file to .xml and finally the configuration GUI in eclipse recognized the file and i could load it to the EmbSys View.

2247.attach

By closing the windows and applying my changes eclipse responded with an error that i am unfortunatelly unable to reproduce.
After all EmbSysView remains in error state and i am not able to use it for debugging purposes.

2248.attach

Maybe someone from infineon can help to provide the needed xml files to use this register view for debugging of my XMC4500 board?
Help would be really appreciated!
Thanks in advise.

Greetings
Sebastian
0 Likes