Re ticket [#501042866] (closed) DAVE 3.1.8 is producing incorrect EOF for Windows

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
For those who have not followed this issue (http://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgroup...), the problem is DAVE 3.1.8 generated code has a mixture of CRLF and LF at end of lines. In my SlickEdit editor this shows up as a strange character at the end of every line (not just the LF ones) and makes for difficult reading. The work-around is to 'edit' the file in Visual Studio and save it, yuk. [Please don't ask why I use another editor to work on DAVE projects, it suits me though...]

To quote from the ticket resolution:
"We regret to inform you that our support is limited to standard eclipse CDT based editor provided in DAVE due to resource constraints. Hence, this ticket will not be forwarded further.
Appreciate your understanding.
Best regards,
Sophia"

As the ticket is now closed and thus there is no ability to comment on the ticket itself, please, what is the plan to eventually remove this problem?
I for one, would not like to see it persist into future releases of DAVE or DAVE Apps. Having said that, I guess the DAVE team have bigger fish to fry ...
0 Likes
0 Replies