Problems with Pin Assignment Window

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8095
Level 2
Level 2
High,

I use DAVE on two different PCs, but on both it's nearly impossible, to make a manuell pin assignment if I have to assign more than one pin.
I can't hit the right drop down boxes. Always the wrong ones open. And i have to click the "Solve AND SAVE" Button up to 5 Times.
OS is Win XP on both PCs
Dave 3.1.10

With Regards
ME
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Marc,

We regret to inform you that there is no plan to support Windows XP.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Sophia,

is this right, DAVE not tested on XP?

from DAVE3_Release_Notes_V3_1_10 page 4:

The following are the tools used for the development and testing:
Platform Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 – 32bit & 64-bit

Best Regards.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

In deed, DAVE used to support and test for Windows XP including DAVE 3.1.10.
However, due to support stop from Microsoft and Oracle, DAVE will not be tested in windows XP any more. We do recommend you to upgrade the OS.
The reason for the manual pin assignment problem is OS performace related. We suggest to increase the solver timeout to eg. 30/45/60 secs and see whether it helps.

567.attach

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Sophia,

thanks for your answer, but your recommendation doesn't change behavior.

On XP all graphic entry masks execute mouse commands without problems except 'Manual Pin Assignment' and 'Manual Resource Assignment'. It looks like mouse events (clicks) are catched by wrong graphic component. I suppose the entry masks of 'Manual Pin Assignment' and 'Manual Resource Assignment' base on a different graphic toolbox (SWING,SWT...) than the rest of DAVE, otherwise all masks should show the same wrong behavior.
DAVE 3.1.10 runs perfect on XP except mentioned two masks.
DAVE 3.1.8 had the same bug on XP.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Wolfgang,

There are some complexities behind. Before giving a more concrete explanation, we would like to clearly understand your problem. Could you pls provide your project together with the log files (\.metadata) for our analysis? Thanks.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Sophia,

upload done, I had to split into 2 tickets to upload because of filesize limit I noticed was far lower than 19MB:
http://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgroup...
http://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgroup...

Best regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes