Problems downloading Dave4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I'm trying to download Dave4 from the "personal download link" I was emailed, but it's impossibly slow, on two different networks. The download starts at an estimated 4-5 hours, and often gets as far as a few hundred meg before claiming to be finished.

As I say, that's on two different networks - a fast home network (~90 Mb download speeds), and a work network. Unless the problem is the link to Australia, it's not my end.

Are there any alternatives for getting hold of the full DAVE? I managed to get the SDK (a few hundred meg, several hours downloading) - is that useful without the IDE?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
The problem may be related to the location Australia,
We are using amazon CDN services to provide local caches, but sometimes this doesn’t seem to work properly.
Let me know whether you are attempting to download the 32-bit or the 64 bit installer, I will provide you a temp link bypassing amazon CDN to see whether it works better for you.
Using DAVE SDK without DAVE IDE doesn’t make senses, DAVE SDK can be used to develop new DAVE APPs or to modify existing DAVE APPs, it cannot be used the develop embedded C code for XMC microcontrollers.
0 Likes