LWIP "Generate Code" error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
hi,

after upgrade to DAVE 4.2.2 and install LWIP, i get an "Generate Code" error : in "File "ethernetif.tcmp"

"Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object ethernetifc.tmpl /LWIP_TEST/Dave/Model/APPS/ETH_LWIP/v4_0_4/Templates line 498 Groovy Template"

out.print("""
port_control.clk_rmii = (XMC_ETH_MAC_PORT_CTRL_CLK_RMII_t)${eth_lwip_inst.hwres_eth_mac.getRegValue("con","con_rmii").toInteger()}U;

attached is the (XMC4700) DAVE CE Project.

Regards,
Torsten
0 Likes
6 Replies
User10215
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
Hi everybody,

I've noticed the same issue but only when I try to generate the code for a XMC4800. For XMC4500 the code Generation works.

Regards,
Niclas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Niclas, Torsten,

I had the same problem initially. It seems that the device description was not installed properly in the previous update.
After I reinstalled the device description, it managed to work for me.

Here are the steps I did, can you try please:
#1) Select "Help -> Install DAVE APP/ Example/Device Library ..."
#2) In the Library Manager Wizard, select "Work with: DAVE APPs Library Manager"
#3) Uncheck the Filters "Hide items that are already downloaded", select "Library_DAVEDeviceDescription -> Dec_Release_2015_12_15". This will install the device description files for the product again.
#4) Create a new DAVE CE project and add the ETH_LWIP APP.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10215
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
Hi Daryl,

thank you, now it works for me!

Regards,
Niclas
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Niclas!

Great! 🙂
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,

thank you, it works.

But is there a way to reinstall the devicedescriptiors for an existing (large) Project ?

...I found the answer myself: Make an "APP's Upgrade" to the project.

Regards,
torsten
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Torsten,

Yes, you are absolutely right, it is possible to do a "DAVE Project Upgrade -> APPs Upgrade".
This can work if the project contains older versions of APP. During the upgrade to the latest available APP version, it will also update the latest files to the project.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes