J-Link Debugger Dave 3.1.8 - Internal Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello everybody,

i hope you can help me. For my student project i have to work with the XMC 4500 (Hexagon Kit with all 3 satellite cards) and DAVE.
I installed the full package of DAVE 3.1.8, which i found on the Infineon website. Starting with my first easy project, i chose the the XMC4500 - F144x1024 AA series because on my chip stands XMC4500 F144K1024 AA13 EES.
As i tried to debug the file I get always an error message which says: There is an internal problem with the initialization of the debug instrument.
After some searching i found an application note of Infineon. In it there was:
The debugger interface which is shipped as part of the enterprise kit is a J-Link Lite CortexM and is supported by CrossWorks as SEGGER J-Link.
Because there are several versions of the respective driver DLL, we recommend selecting the debugger DLL supplied by Infineon and installed with DAVE™ 3. To do this the respective target property called „J-Link DLL File‟ in CrossWorks must be set pointing to the DLL.
Please make sure that the Target Interface Type is set to SWD.

Honestly I have no clue about the CrossWorks, nor do I know, where included screenshots were made from. The note was regarding to DAVE 3.1.6.

Hope you can help me with the debugger that it works properly.
Thanks
Stefan
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
problem solved.

my folder with the program was on the other internal hard drive. therefore DAVE was unable to find the location of its own files on the second drive. it only found the project files.
are we living in 2014 ? o.O
0 Likes