How to Migrate from XMC4500 to XMC4700

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11354
Level 1
Level 1
Hello community, here my first question:
Is it possible, to migrate a project for the XMC4500 to the XMC4700?
As the XMC4700 includes also the features of the XMC4500, it should be possible to keep the already installed apps.

I found the migrate option in DAVE, but it offers only the derivates of the XMC4500.

Reason: we started with the RelaxKit (with 4500) for the first steps but our design will have the 4700.

Thanks and regards
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
HI,

At present, only device migration to different variants from same series is supported. 😞

There is a plan to include a device migration to different series; this is currently being planned.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Pitcher wrote:
Hello community, here my first question:
Is it possible, to migrate a project for the XMC4500 to the XMC4700?
As the XMC4700 includes also the features of the XMC4500, it should be possible to keep the already installed apps.

I found the migrate option in DAVE, but it offers only the derivates of the XMC4500.

Reason: we started with the RelaxKit (with 4500) for the first steps but our design will have the 4700.

Thanks and regards

From my experience, two of the RAM areas have moved and MultiCAN changed name to MultiCAN+ which required an extra line of code to get it up and running. Other than that, we haven't seen any issues.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

is there a way to migrate a XMC4200 Project to a XMC4100 Project via copy and paste of some key files for example?

Regards,
Peter
0 Likes