How can I use the Keil microvision toolchain in Dave v4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

is it possible to use the Keil microvision v5 toolchain in Dave?

I created a project with Dave v4.2.4 which included some Dave apps for gpio (just for test purpose). I was able to compile and download the project using a XMC4700 relax light kit.
I went on with setting up the project to compile and download it with Keil microvision v5.
Everything worked fine and I was able to compile, download and debug with Dave v4 and Keil microvision almost simultaneous.

Then to access the SD Card I used Keil microvision for implement the SD Card Interface (RTOS and FAT Filesystem).

Now I try to get the project back to dave. Is there a way how I can do that?
Dave misses all the Keil libraries which are precompiled and are part of the Keil toolchain.

Thanks!

jst
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi jst,

The software component are from the Keil-generated pack, it will not be possible to import it back to the DAVE toolchain.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl,

but is it possible to change the Dave toolchain so that i can compile projects from Keil?

As far as I know Dave is based on Eclipse and so it must be possible to set up Dave to use the keil compiler?

Regards
jst
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI jst,

DAVE generates code that can be debugged with µVision. To exchange project data with µVision, DAVE is capable of creating Generator Package Description Files (GPDSC). These files contain the description of the software components generated by the DAVE project configuration. They will be picked up and included into the µVision project. (http://www.keil.com/appnotes/files/apnt_258.pdf)

In DAVE, it allows you to import files, archive files, DAVE project, and etc. However, it does not allow support importing of complete Keil project. 😞

I can helped to raise an ticket (#833341953) request for this feature to be included in the future releases of DAVE.
https://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgrou...

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes