Help Setting up SPI Connection between XMC4700 and TLI4970 in DAVE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I am trying to set up a connection between an XMC4700 Relax Kit and a TLI4970 2Go current sensor. I have never set up a SPI connection before, so this is all pretty new to me. I added the SPI_Master app in DAVE, and in the configuration set it to half duplex, I assume any clock speed should work, so I set it to 200 kHz and the parity to odd. I believe I only need one way communication from the sensor to the board, as the sensor is triggered to send data based on the chip select, as far as I can tell. When I get to the advanced settings tab in the SPI_Master app, I start to get a bit lost. I changed the frame size to 16 as that is what size frames the sensor outputs, but besides that I am not quite sure what settings I will need. Is there a good example that goes through how to select these settings? Or is there somewhere that they are explained more in depth?

I also have a question about the pin allocations. When using the manual pin allocation tool in DAVE, it does not allow me to select both the designated SPI Clock and MISO pins that I was planning to use. Is there a reason for this? It seems pretty counter-intuitive to have ports specifically for clock and data and not allow me to map the pins to them. (I can map the clock to the correct pin, P3.9, but then it only allows me to map the MISO to P5.0 which is just a GPIO pin I believe).

Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to this.
Thank you.
0 Likes
0 Replies