Generate Code Error :Failed to generate file ADC001c.c java.lang.NullPointerException

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have been working on my project for several months and have been generating code and building without problem. Today I generated code for the first time in several weeks and I get 22 errors similar to the following...

"Failed to generate file ADC001c.c java.lang.NullPointerException"

I have attached a screen shot showing the errors and the line of code from 'ADC001c.jet'.

308.attach

It's possible these errors started after I renamed my workspace folder. Renaming the workspace to the original name does not resolve the problem, nor does exporting the project to a new workspace.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
10 Replies
Not applicable
I have also noticed that when I generate code, DAVE deletes the following files from my project...

Dave/Generated/src/ADC001/ADC001.c
Dave/Generated/src/ADCGLOB001/ADCGlob001.c
Dave/Generated/src/ADCGROUP001/ADCGroup001.c
Dave/Generated/src/GMM001/GMM001.c
Dave/Generated/src/NVIC002/NVIC002.c
Dave/Generated/src/NVIC_SCU001/NVIC_SCU001.c
Dave/Generated/src/PWMSP002/PWMSP002.c
Dave/Generated/src/RTC001/RTC001.c
Dave/Generated/src/SPI001/SPI001.c
Dave/Generated/src/SYSTM001/SYSTM001.c
Dave/Generated/inc/DAVESupport/DAVE3.h
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

I've tried to rename my workspace folder without changing the local library store path. I have no problem on the code generation and compilation. Would you pls provide more details on how you do the renaming, is there any other modifications made eg. in apps etc.?!
BTW, could you pls use JPEG format for the image files? The images attached are unreadable.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Thanks for your reply. The renaming might be a coincidence, I used Windows Explorer to rename the workspace. I did not change any Apps.

I have attached another screen shot.

The strangest thing is that DAVE deletes the file "Dave3.h" file in the folder "Dave/Generated/inc/DAVESupport"

I tried a complete PC re-boot but this made no difference.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
ningareddy_moda
Employee
Employee
Hi Aaron,

I am not able to understand the following line,

MyAppName = TempApps.substring(TempApps.indexOf("/app/")+5, TempApps.lastIndexOf("/"))

Possible reasons:
1. if 'TempApps' is null
2. if 'TempApps.indexOf("/app/")+5' does not exist (Doing string manupulation, which does not exist.)
3. 'TempApps.indexOf("/app/")' may return -1 (JAVA API)
4. TempApps.lastIndexOf("/")) may also return -1 if not found.

Case 3 and 4 may cause this exception.

It will be helpful, if you could let me know what exactly you traying to do?

Best Regards
Ningareddy
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Ningareddy,

Thank you for your very fast reply.

Basically I had a large working project. I could Generate Code and Build OK.

I decided to test my revision control system to make sure I had all the necessary files in the repository. So I tried to Generate Code (which I had not done for a few weeks) and DAVE reported a lot of errors.

The first error occurred in the file ADC001c.jet and occured at the line ....

MyAppName = TempApps.substring(TempApps.indexOf("/app/")+5, TempApps.lastIndexOf("/"))

This is a DAVE file, I have no influence over the contents of this file.

I can email you my project directly to you if required.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Ningareddy,

Do you have any news on this problem ?

Thank you
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
ningareddy_moda
Employee
Employee
Hi Aaron,

Sorry for the delayed response. We had holiday here, so could not check and reply to your e-mail.

If you could send me your project, that will be very helpful to analyse the issue.

Thanks and Regards
Ningareddy
0 Likes
ningareddy_moda
Employee
Employee
Hi Aaron,

Given project is reffering to IO001/2, which doeas not exist.

During solver execution, we are getting following exception

'unMapResource : objects are null app/io001/2/pin'

I have seen there is an empty (No contents) file laying in the project (io001_2.app)

During code generation,
'app.getApps()' will return all app referances and later converts to String using app.getURI()

Sample result of app.getApps() API
[ http://www.infineon.com/1.0.10/app/io001/0
http://www.infineon.com/1.0.10/app/io001/1
null
http://www.infineon.com/1.0.10/app/io001/3
]
So the following statement in 'ADC001c.jet' (any templates) is operating on null value

i.e. Above 'TempApps' is null. Any string operations on null value will result to "NullPointerException"

Thanks and Regards
Ningareddy
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Ningareddy,

Thank you for the information.

Can you tell me the following please...

• What has caused the corruption of IO001_2, why is the file empty ? I did not edit any Apps in my project

• IO001/2 is missing from the 'S/W App Connectivity View'. What is the best method for restoring it bearing in mind IO001/3 to IO001/12 already exist ?

Thank you

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Ningareddy,

I have recovered the file "\Dave\Model\IO001\1.0.10\IO001_2.app" using my version control system and IO001/2 has re-appeared in the 'S/W App Connectivity View'.

I can now Generate Code and Build All files.

It appears there is a subtle problem within DAVE that can cause .app file contents to be deleted.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Aaron
0 Likes