GUI_SEGGERLIBRARY problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello

I am driving a TFT screen with SSD1963 and anXMC4500 1MB, 160K device.

I have used GUI_SEGGERLIBRARY app to initialize the display.
I am having a lot of trouble using it.
1. Seemingly simple task of displaying transparent text is quite difficult.
GUI_TM_TRANS will not erase changing background text.
2. What is Read mode in the app?
If I enable it, and allot the default 4096 RAM , and execute , I get a trap signal for VADC.
Is 160k RAM insufficient?
3. If I need to enable transparent text, I need to use Windows management.
But it creates an annoying flicker.

Pls someone reply.
I will be elaborate in explaining.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
Anyone?

Expecting massive help
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Could you share your project?

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Not applicable
Hello

So glad someone replied.
My project zip file is 15mb and the attachment limit is 10mb.
How to go about it?

Meanwhile you can find the response sent to someone from IFX
earlier, in docx form.
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The read mode you mention I guess it is in reality the tick box "Enable Cache for non-readable Display".
You need it only if you cannot read back from the frame buffer in your display controller.

If you enable it you will be having a copy of your display in the memory of the microcontroller.
You may get a hard fault when running out of memory, i.e. memory corruption by overwritting other sections.

BTW: How do you interface to the LCD? You could send us the project by removing the DAVE/Generated folder and the Debug folder, this will reduce the size of the project.

For emWin topics you can get direct support from Segger, http://forum.segger.com/ under emWin related.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
jferreira wrote:
Hi,

The read mode you mention I guess it is in reality the tick box "Enable Cache for non-readable Display".
You need it only if you cannot read back from the frame buffer in your display controller.

If you enable it you will be having a copy of your display in the memory of the microcontroller.
You may get a hard fault when running out of memory, i.e. memory corruption by overwritting other sections.

Yes. In addition to that , it imparts more RAM for emWin.
I have never gotten it to work!

jferreira wrote:

BTW: How do you interface to the LCD? You could send us the project by removing the DAVE/Generated folder and the Debug folder, this will reduce the size of the project.

I will send it soon.
Although I have understood a bit about transparent text mode.
I have only 160k total RAM. Effectively I am unable to use layers in emWin.
So I draw a BMP on the screen, write a transparent text like a changing rtc value.
Next change , I have to erase that part , redraw the portion of the affected BMP,and then draw the new text value.
I am using an external QSPI Flash, where I store the hex values of the emWin.c file.
I retrieve one line at a time , parse the portion affected and redraw it.
I tried but could not use the GUI draw ex function, or streaming function.
I am unable to find how to format the QSPI as fat. Keil can do it. Dave can't.
jferreira wrote:

For emWin topics you can get direct support from Segger, http://forum.segger.com/ under emWin related.

I have already done it. But the general opinion there is , get help from Infineon since they have been licensed for using it.
They have said on the forum, although not to me, that since the segger forum is not official support, they are not mandated to answer.
Although one guy did partially help.
And another is in the process.
But since my problem is Infineon specific, I should ask infineon, which is my opinion.

Thanks for replying, but help here is quite sporadic. It should be more frequent and concise.

Regards
0 Likes
Not applicable
Solved it.
0 Likes