Feb, 15, 2016 New Release of DAVE™, DAVE™ APPs, XMC Lib and Device Support Pack

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Today we released new versions of DAVE, DAVE SDK, DAVE APPs, XMC Lib Device Descriptions, and Device Support Pack.

DAVE v4.2.2 and DAVE SDK v4.2.2:

Major improvements in comparison to the previous version (v4.1.4) are:

Major improvements in comparison to the previous version (v4.1.4) are:
  • Fixing of issues and performance improvements.
  • Separate installer for DAVE, DAVE SDK and windows 32-bit / 64-bit
  • New functionalities, like mirroring of GUIs from required DAVE APPs to the requiring APP or new project setting options.

DAVE APPs:

• 8 New APPs are added (Ethernet support, EtherCat support, File System and new APPs for pure peripheral configuration)
  • 22 APPs have been improved (e.g. ADC_MEASURMETNT_ADV, BUCK converter APPs, Clock APPs,…)
  • Fix of issues

New DAVE APPs have been added to the contributed update site:

• I2C_CONFIG
  • DAVE APPs for the TLE98x families

Device Descriptions:

• Device Description for XMC4300 are added.
  • All Device Descriptions have been improved to increases solver performance for some transactions

XMC Lib peripheral libraries (v2.1.4):

• 1 new library for the EtherCat module has been added.
  • Support for XMC XMC4300 added.
  • Enhancements and fixing of issues.

Device Support Pack (v2.1.4):

• Device support for XMC4300 has been added and some minor issues in startup and header file have been fixed.

Example Projects:
The example projects are also updated to the new APP version. They are accessible form DAVE now. However, it may take a day or so until they are visible on the web example portal

Further Information:
More details about this update and how to install them can be found here.

Next Update:
Next full update is planned by end of April 2016.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hello,

I did a clean install of the 64-bit Version and there is no Ethernet App showing up for the XMC4800/XMC4700.

Check for updates shows the following error:
Some sites could not be found. See the error log for more detail.
No repository found at http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/Doxygen.
No repository found at http://dave.infineon.com/Luna/v4.1/64Bit-ARM-GCC.

Install new software window shows:
1828.attach

I am also curious about the 4.1 Version numbers.

As I said. It's a plain new install after deinstalling the DAVE 4.1.1 Version.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,

I got a question concering the example projects. I am searching the USBD_WINUSB_example, but it isn't visible on the web example portal. Will this app be uploded soon? Or is there a similar app?

Regards,

Markus
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Answer to HRush,
The issues with the two missing plug-in links will be solved soon, there is no functional issues associated with them.
The reason why you don’t find the ETH_LWIP APP is most likely because the new APPs haven’t been installed yet. (The installer install only a new library store if there isn’t one in location: ..\Users\\Infineon\DLibraryStore_4.1, in your case I assume there is already one from the earlier DAVE installation).

Please do the following to install all new APPs and updates.
Press ->Help ->Install DAVE APP/ Example/ Device Library
Select in Work with: DAVE APPs Library Manager
Select all DAVE APPs, DEVICE_PACK and Library_DAVEDeviceDescriptions and follow further instructions.

Version number 4.1: There is no relation about APP version and DAVE version; we started with DAVE APP version 4.x.y for DAVE v4 that’s it.

Answer to MReinhardt:
There is currently no example project for USBD_WINUSB APP available. However, the usage section the Help document of this DAVE APP describes the basic usage, may be this helps.
To open the help document use right mouse click on the APP then select APP Help, or open the eclipses help content from the Help menu and look for the USBD_WINUSB APP in the DAVE APPs folder.
0 Likes
User7921
Level 3
Level 3
After updating to 4.2.2 the issue with not working key combinations (e.g. CTRL+H) and with
disappearing icons (e.g. back) in the toolbar, when changing the view, still exists.

Very annoying.

Will do a clean install and pray...

Michael
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks for the answer with solution Georg.
0 Likes