Expressions limitation?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have a big array with 1000 element.
But I can only see the first 101 element of the this array in the what expressions.
Is it the limitation of DAVE 3?
Or how can I modify the maximum elements that I can see?

BR,
Morris
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi morris,

Since you have seen this in debug mode, most probably it is the limitation of TASKING.

Best regards,
Zain
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Yes this limitation in the TASKING debugger. For performance reason it only shows max 100 elements at once, but it should be possible to define any starting point, I will check with Altium and provide more details.
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Here an update after I had a discussion with Altium.

1. Arrays
In the expression as well as in the variable view it is only possible the view 100 elements of an array. However, in the variable view there is a right mouse click option to determine the starting index. With that it should be possible to view all elements, not a once but by adjusting the starting index.

2. Structures
Per default only the first 5 elements of a structure are shown. But there is an expand option that expands the view to show all elements.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks your reply, determining the starting index in variable view is working. But it is still a little dis-convenient to copy paste 100 elements several times to export entire array. Is there any method to export the entire array as a .dat or .csv file?
0 Likes