Eclipse corrupts Dave projects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
If eclipse is used to open a DAVE workspace it can corrupt the DAVE projects so that DAVE no longer recognizes the project as a DAVE project.
The project should be protected, so that if opened in Eclipse the settings that are DAVE specific cannot be modified.
The reason to do this is DAVE is only usable on Windows, while Eclipse can be used on many platforms.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Which Eclipse version are you using that shows the corruption you mentioned?
0 Likes
Not applicable
i faced the same issue yesterday, please try to close the project and re-open it, issue may will be solved~
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Huba, i also face some issue for the multi-ADC set up, kindly take a look the link as: http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/350-Issue-for-ADC-set-up-based-on-XMC-4500-relax-development-b...
many thanks!
0 Likes
Not applicable
Juno and Helios.
The issue occurs when modifying eclipse project settings.
0 Likes
ningareddy_moda
Employee
Employee
DAVE tool was built on Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) with latest updates (Stable releases)

PS:
1. There is no compatibility between ‘Juno’ and ‘Indigo’, Juno’s (4.0) entire source code base has been changed.
2. ‘Helios’ is Eclipse (3.6) which was doesn't have all the updated features which were used in DAVE Tool
0 Likes
Not applicable
Are you saying that DAVE projects will be preserved on Eclipse 3.7 regardless of the operating system it is run on?
My use case is the DAVE project is referenced by other eclipse projects.
In order to have all projects operate in the same way some settings that cannot be set at the Workspace level must be set at the project level.
I would like to be able to change the settings using Eclipse 3.7 on a mac, without making the DAVE part of the project unusable.
0 Likes