Dave4 ADC Measurement and DMA Apps

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User9696
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am working on some simple stuff trying to get familiar with the Dave4 Apps. I have done all of this before without using the Apps so I know what I am doing should be possible.

I am using an XMC4400 Hexagon board.

So I have a CCU8 slice running at 10kHz, triggering the ADC_Measurement block. The ADC measurement is sampling the pot on the Hexagon board, creating a result event and generates an ISR. I can read the ADC value just fine if I call ADC_MEASUREMENT_GetResult function in the ADC ISR.

However, when I hook up the adc result event to a DMA_CH app I get nothing. The adc value is not placed in the expected memory location. I even tried to have the DMA generate its own ISR on transfer complete, but this does not appear to ever be called.

It seems like I have made the correct connections, but it is not working...

My project is located here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i1yftn9kz38fto7/AACGNHQ2ShXJiJ9nlx3vQKD3a?dl=0

Thanks for any help,
Jim
0 Likes
1 Reply
User9696
Level 1
Level 1
Figured out my error. Accidentally used the value of the variable I wanted to use as the destination of the transfer. Changed this to use its address and everything works fine.

Jim
0 Likes