Dave 4.1.4 and C++, no incremental build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi Infineon,

Dave 4.1.4 doesn't incremental build C++ files. At each build Dave compiles all files.

To test it create a new DaveCE project (I used nanolib and XMC4500), rename main.c to main.cpp and build. At second build (no changes in source) no compilation should happen. But Dave compiles all files again.
Dave 4.1.2 works fine.

At Dave 4.1.4 there is an additional C++ issue:
after downloading to target and switching to debug view, setting/clearing of breakpoints happens very slow, cursor freezes 1 second and more (Segger JLink_V502l).

Best regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes
2 Replies
User7784
Level 2
Level 2
I have the same Problem. Can anybody help us?

Thanks,

HiSH
0 Likes
User7795
Level 4
Level 4
Hi,

now I found out, that there is a different behavior of the Eclipse settings when building a C or a C++ project.
When 'clean' is checked at
Project / Properties / C/C++Build at tab 'Behavior',
then only at C++ (not at C) a clean always happens before build, which results in a rebuild of all files.

When creating a new project, 'clean' is default checked, uncheck it at C++ projects.

The slow behavior of the breakpoint set/clear at C++ still exists. After setting a breakpoint, Dave very slowly returns from Debug view to DaveCE wiew. This delay doesn't exist at C.

I have opened a ticket:
http://www.infineonforums.com/support/dave3/index.php?option=com_maqmahelpdesk&Itemid=0&id_workgroup...

Best regards,
Wolfgang
0 Likes