Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi, i have some questions regarding the DAC.

I use the DACWG002 App on the XMC4500 RelaxKitLite
When i set the repetitions to 1, the LUT lengt to 1000 and the desired frequenzy to 10kHz, then the DAC will change the output every 100ns to the next value in the LUT, is this correct? And he stops after setting every value in the LUT for one time?

Second thing is, i want two differnt custom wave forms on the two hardware DAC's. But there is only one LUT when i add a second DACWG002 App's. Is there any way to specify 2 different LUT?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Andreas,

1) When you mouse over the "Repetitions", you can find the description "This allow user to set repetition count. 0 means repeat forever"
"Repetitions set to 1" means the "Burst Size" is one.
2) Sorry, I don't fully understand why you find only one LUT when you add a second DACWG002 App?
Each DACWG002 App has its corresponding configuration tab (eg. double-click DACWG002/0 can open DACWG002_0). After click "Generate Code", you should be able to find 2 LUTs in DACWG002_Conf.c (eg. DACWG002_LUT0[] & DACWG002_LUT1[]).

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Eric1
Employee
Employee
Hallo Andreas,

If you want to generate two synchronized DAC wave forms, you can also use the DACWG003. When you select customer LUT you will find the defined
DACWG003_INST0_WAVE1_PTx - DACWG003_INST0_WAVE1_Pty
and
DACWG003_INST0_WAVE2_PTx - DACWG003_INST0_WAVE2_Pty.

Please consider that if you regenerate the code, this defineds will be overwritten.
If you are using customer Waveform, I would consider to set the scale to 0 so you have the full 12Bit resolution for the LUT values:

(in unsigned mode)
Value - Voltage:
0 ~0.3V (see datasheet for exact value)
4095 ~2.5V(see datasheet for exact value)

You can also use the DACWG003.xlsx as visual help.

Regards
Eric
0 Likes