DAVE4 - CAP001 missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User7989
Level 2
Level 2
I have been working a lot with DAVE3.1.10 and was quite pleased.

It's now time to start a new development project, and installed the new DAVE4 IDE. Will use FreeRTOS so i thought DAVE4 to be an upgrade since i now have it implemented as an app - great!

I was intending to measure dutycylce on an digital input. My question is: How do i achieve this in DAVE4 when CAP001 is left out?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
HI,

Currently the CAPTURE APP is planned for release in July.

In the meanwhile, I recommend use the XMCLib to measure the dutycycle of a digital input.

For this, you can refer to the Application Note: AP32287 - XMC1000/XMC4000 - Capture Compare Unit 4(CCU4) / Chapter 3, where a use case with code is presented on how to measure a PWM duty from a digital input. The code using XMClib is also available in this application note.
[ http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-industrial-microcontroller-based-on-ar... ]
=> look for AP32287 - XMC1000/XMC4000 - Capture Compare Unit 4(CCU4)

Regards,
Daryl 🙂
0 Likes
User7989
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks Daryl for your reply.

I have decided to stick with DAVE 3.1.10. And as i wrote before - i will need to measure dutycylcle and preferebly also frequency from an digital input.

Have now been looking at the CAP001-app, but i don't really understand how to use it. The provided example uses an internal generated PWM-signal which is read back.

But how do i connect CAP001 to an app like IO002? Is there any example out there?
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Using the CAP001_Example_XMC13 project, you can add the IO002 APP. This is the input pin for your capture signal.
Thereafter you can connect the PAD signal to CAP001/Input Duty and Input/Period.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes