DAVE3 WEBSERVER001 app keeps crashing on refreshing server side includes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello everyone,
first of all I would like to apologize if this is posted to the wrong section, I am not sure whether to put this here or into the microcontroller forum.
I'm working on a project using the Dave Webserver App running on a Hexagon Application Kit. One part of this project is monitoring information from the inside of my application using a web interface. So far I was able to setup the app successfully and have everything running the way I wanted it to be. I can monitor the variables I need, meaning server sided includes also work flawlessly. As the monitoring part is meant to be some kind of "real-time" solution I am using JavaScript to refresh my .ssi file, where I stored my server sided includes. I tried several intervals to refresh the page, however, if I use a refresh interval of less than 2 seconds the webserver crashes after some time. When this happens I have to reset the Hexagon Kit to regain any webserver functionality (ping is not possible, when it crashes). As I mentioned I want to use it as some kind of real-time solution (no hard real-time), so a refreshing interval of about 0.5 seconds to 1 second would be enough for my purpose. I tried some refreshing intervals, for example using a one second interval the server keeps up around one minute, with two seconds I did not encounter any problems until now and it works perfectly fine. By the way the same thing happens when I refresh the page manually without any JS in it, so i do not think it is a problem with the JavaScript part. Right now I am investigating, what might cause these crashes. My guess is, the problem arises from too many connections created or too many requests made. However I have yet to check this, including an analysis of traffic using Wireshark.
Maybe someone of you has any other idea what might cause the problem, or has any suggestion on the settings part of the webserver app what has to be adjusted to solve this.
Thanks in advance!
Umut
0 Likes
2 Replies
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Hi ui_ws,
This was already seen problem of lwip.
This was answered in:
http://www.infineonforums.com/threads/325-XMC4500-Webserver-slow-response.

I think you should change the configuration parameters of lwip.

Regards
Oreste

PS: TCP is performance consuming protocol. UDP is the right choice for streaming. I think it should be possible to write a java applet receiving udp stream from the device. Maybe it is also possible from javascript but I don't know.
Moreover 0.5 second refresh for a webserver in a microcontroller is quite challenging.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply, Oreste. Looks like you posted this, while I was writing here. I will have a look at the timeout settings and such. Also thank you for the information on UDP, I will also have a look on that!
Regards
0 Likes