Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

DAVE™ Forum Discussions

Not applicable
If the math function is from CMSIS DSP library, the math library is under C:\DAVE-3.1\CMSIS\Lib\GCC.
1) Go to Project -> Active Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> ARM-GCC C Compiler, add "__FPU_PRESENT" (when FPU is required) & "ARM_MATH_CM4" in the Preprocessor
198.attach
2) Go to Project -> Active Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> ARM-GCC C Linker,
2a) Add "arm_cortexM4_mathL_1" & "arm_cortexM4_mathL_2" in the Libraries (-l)
2b) Add ""${eclipse_home}/../CMSIS/Lib/GCC"" in the Libraries search path (-L)
199.attach
3) Add "#include " in main.c

If the math function is from newlib library, the math library is under C:\DAVE-3.1\CMSIS\Infineon\Lib.
1) Go to Project -> Active Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> ARM-GCC C Linker, add "m" in the Libraries (-l)
200.attach
2) Add "#include " in main.c
Refer to web-page (http://sourceware.org/newlib/libm.html) for the available math functions provided by newlib library.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Not applicable
DSP library update:
Pls take a note that the DSP libraries libarm_cortexM4_mathL_2.a & libarm_cortexM4_mathL_1.a can only be used in earlier DAVE versions (v3.1.6 or earlier).
Instead the libarm_cortexM4lf_math.a should be used for newer DAVE versions (v3.1.8 or later). They are located in the same folder (eg. C:\DAVE-3.1.10\CMSIS\Lib\GCC).
0 Likes
Not applicable
arm_sqrt_f32 (float32_t in, float32_t *pOut) does not belong to ARM DSP library, it is defined as an inline function in arm_math.h.
All functions belong to DSP library can be found under C:\DAVE-3.1.10\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Source
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi there Sophia,

Thanks for the effort and tips on including CMSIS DSP.
You have made a small typo that cost me some hours of frustration.

sophia wrote:

2b) Add ""${eclipse_home}/.../CMSIS/Lib/GCC"" in the Libraries search path (-L)

As you can see, you have inserted 3*dots /.../ between the path slashes where it should have been 2*dots /../

Regards,
George
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi George,

Thank you very much for the feedback.
Instead of typing, you can copy and edit the existing path…

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
hi,

I got a similar problem at the smaler xmc, i don't know which -I path or somthing other i should set, to compile successfuly.
" undefined reference to `arm_pid_init_q31' "

thank in advance
( i know the thread is very old, but the problem is the same in a other way)
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI.

It is now easier in DAVE4. You can add the DAVE APP "CMSIS_DSP" to your DAVE CE project.
This APP provides the CMSIS DSP software library, a suite of common signal processing functions for use on Cortex-M processor based devices.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Daryl Neo,

Thank's for this hint.
But I used the false version of Dave (4.0.0), because there isn't any DSP app.
With the lastest Dave it work's

regards,
Dexter
0 Likes
User9654
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I updated this reply due the progress I made; it might be useful for others too:

How can the DSP-Math-library be used in DAVE4 with a pure XMCLib-project (no apps)?

1. Define "__FPU_PRESENT" and "ARM_MATH_CM4" like described by sophia above.

2. In my installation, the path in "ARM-GCC C Compiler"->"Directories" has to be set to "${DEVICE_FILE_LOCATION}\pack\2.1.14\Libraries\CMSIS\Include",
this is the location of the arm_math.h-file.
The number "2.1.14" might be different in other installations and seems to be dependant on the library version
(is there maybe a better link than ""${DEVICE_FILE_LOCATION}\pack\x.x.x"?).
${DEVICE_FILE_LOCATION} is a link to the Infineon-"D_LibraryStore_4.1"-folder in my user-directory and was already defined in my DAVE installation.

3. Insert "arm_cortexM4lf_math" in the "-l"-section of "ARM-GCC C Linker->Libraries", do NOT use "libarm_cortexM4lf_math.a" (the correct filename)!

4. Tell the linker the path to this lib: Insert "${DEVICE_FILE_LOCATION}\pack\2.1.14\Libraries\CMSIS\Lib\GCC" in the library search path window ("-L")

5. To use the library, I had to set the floation point options to "Full hardware floating point" in the "Miscellaneous"-sections of the C-Compiler, the Assembler and the Linker.
It did not work with "softfp".

I tested this Configuration using the arm_sin_f32- and the arm_rfft_f32-functions on a RELAX-Board.
The arm_rfft_f32-function needed approx. 69k cycles for a 1024-point-fft (I hope a measured this right...).

I would be gratefull, when someone takes his/her time to verify this.

Greetings

Leistungselektroniker
0 Likes
User15030
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

i need give infineon xmc DSP library to DAVE studio but i dont no how. Please send me a step-by-step guide to how to do it.

thansk Jiri
0 Likes