DAVE TIP of the day: Can DAVE generated code be imported in third party tools?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
All major tool suppliers do support and have easy way to use the libraries configured and generated in DAVE.

You can use any of the famous commercial tools from Keil-MDK, ARM, Atollic & IAR etc whichever you feel comfortable.

You may generate the required libraries in DAVE and import them to your application SW.

All details on how to import the DAVE generated code in a third party tool can be found in DAVE support portal.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Not applicable
I tried to export code generated by DAVE (v3.1.8) for Keil-MDK, but on the "Select device" window i think that there is no data base installed because a message "Data base file does not exist" is shown.
What should i do to export code for Keil-MDK in this case?
Thank you.

333.attach
334.attach
335.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
I have installed Keil-MDK (v5, using it in evaluation mode) and the code is still not exported.
The reason for which i didn't had installed Keil-MDK on the same pc where Dave is installed is because i thought that the code will be exported having only the MDK plugin installed.

At this point i can't select "Infineon XMC4000 Devices" from "Device database file" select box and if "Generic CPU Data Base" is left, at the next step i get "Error copying startup file from uVision installation" after pressing Finish button.

338.attach
339.attach
0 Likes
gwang
Employee
Employee
Please remove the text "XMC4500-1024" in the Option "Filter by device name substring" , then you can see all device names.
0 Likes
Not applicable
I get the same error: "Error copying startup file from uVision installation"

Here is a picture with XMC4500-1024 device selected and "Filter by device name substring" field empty.

340.attach
0 Likes
gwang
Employee
Employee
please contact with me using email (guangyu.wang@infineon.com), then I can better debug with you. Please send me your screenshot image per email.
0 Likes
gwang
Employee
Employee
If the MDK v.5.0 is separately installed, the classic Folders C:\Keil\INC\Infineon.. and C:\Keil\Startup\Infineon\.., where the DAVE plug-in startup and device header files are coming from, do NOT exist. This is the reason why you get the error "Error copying startup file from uVision installation", because the Folders where the Startup file is saved do not exist in MDK v.5.0. You need to run another installer mdkcm500 downloaded from "http://www.keil.com/download/files/mdkcm500.exe" to install the both classic folders. After running the mdkcm500 you can see the both folders. Then, go back to DAVE to try again. The error will be away.
0 Likes