DAVE CE Relaunch not showing diagrams or app selection window

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User8683
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
Hello,

I keep getting into a situation where the DAVE CE view does not launch as it does after installation. It is missing the app connection diagrams and the list to select apps for inclusion. If I try to relaunch DAVE, Open Perspective or Launch a View, it remaining unchanged. Is there some way to reset the UI so that I don't have to reinstall DAVE. I am familiar with Eclipse if there is somewhere to remove or alter files but I cannot see the ability to do anything from the GUI itself.

Thanks,

Jason
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Jason,

Did you use DAVE 3.1.10? Have you tried to create a new CE project or import an example project to see whether the apps appears?

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User8683
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
Zain,

I am using Dave 3.1.10 and have tried both to create a new CE project which does not work and loading an existing sample project. The problem remains the same that windows do not refresh to show the diagrams or the list of apps that can be selected.

Regards,

Jason
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jason,

Is it the 1st time you use DAVE? Did you use "Import DAVE Project" function to load the example project?
I'm afraid that your local library store is not properly installed:(
The local library store is a place in the where to store downloaded DAVE Apps and Example Projects. For DAVE 3.1.10, the default folder is "D3LibraryStore_3.1.10" located under C:\Users\\Infineon\
The default location is defined in >Windows >Preferences >Dave >Library Manager.
More information can be found in "DAVE TIP of the day: Manage your local library store" & "DAVE TIP of the day: Infineon DAVE Project import and export functions".

BR,
Zain
0 Likes
User8683
Level 4
Level 4
First like received
Hi Zain,

I have been using DAVE for 6 months now and this problem keeps coming up. All I can seem to do to fix it is a reinstall of the DAVE software so that is why I am looking for another solution. I know that DAVE is installed correctly at the beginning but some time later when I open the project, I hit this problem. What I am wondering is if there is a file that contains the settings that control how the DAVE CE GUI launches? I would try to alter this file to correct the launch issues.

Jason
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Jason,

Do you mean that you have been used DAVE 3.1.10 for 6 months already? Then i believe your DAVE and Apps Libraries should be up-to-date. Normally, the missing Apps problem could be fixed by switching to other CE project then back or creating a new CE project in a new workspace. If this doesn't help, then most probably your local library store has been corrupted.
I suggest you to:
1) Create a new CE project in a new workspace
If doesn't help then
2) Create a new local library store folder --> Re-install DAVE Apps Libraries
Good luck...

BR,
Zain
0 Likes