Compiler does not detect missing interrupt handler defined by NVIC002 app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I made a typing mistake when entering the name of my interrupt function in the NVIC002 "User defined interrupt handler" field.

When I ran the code an exception error occurred.

It seems the compiler does not produce an error or warning if the NVIC002 "User defined interrupt handler" function cannot be found.

Have I overlooked something ?

Thank you
Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

This is the correct behaviour of the DAVE. You may refer to "DAVE TIP of the day: Why there is no warning if no interrupt function name defined?" for the details. Thanks.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

Thank you for the tip. I now understand this is the expected behaviour today.

However this is not a good feature from a software engineers viewpoint, normally a project will not compile if a function name cannot be resolved. When the application is controlling machinery it is not desirable for an exception to occur and the processor sit in an endless loop. We do not always have the luxury of running in a debug mode, for example when working out in the field at a customer site.

Therefore I would like to raise a feature request for the compiler to produce an error if the interrupt function cannot be resolved.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Aaron,

Thank you very much for the feedback. This enhancement has already been planned. Will update you once available.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes