Cannot add APPs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
I am new to DAVE. I have just installed DAVE version 4.2.4. I have installed all the APPs and Library Manager from Help/Library Manager Wizard.
I have created a new Dave CE project and selected my microcontroller (XMC4500-E144x1024). When I try to add an APP I get the following message:
1979.attach

What am I doing wrong?

I have also tried to import an example project, but I cannot see any APPs. I have no idea how to use the examples.

The first steps with DAVE seem to be VERY difficult and not for beginners.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Not applicable
HI,

It seems that the device description for XMC4500 series on your system needs an update.
If you have not updated, you can update your system using the following steps:

- Goto "Help-> Check for Updates" : This will list the APPs and Device Description on your system that need an update.

Can you try this step and let me know if it is working on your system. 🙂

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
This does not seem to be the problem. I have updated everything. If I go to "Help->Check for Updates" I get this message:
1982.attach

So I assume everything is upto date.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

In this case, can you try to reinstall the device description on your system.
- Goto "Help-> Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Library..."
- Select "DAVE APPs Library Manager"
- Uncheck the filter "Hide items that are already updated"
- For the libraries, select Device Pack and Library DAVE Description, then Select Next to update the installation again.

Can you try this step and let me know if it is working on your system.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
No, this did not help!

I download and installed the Device Pack and Libraries and then restarted DAVE, but nothing has changed. I still get the same error message when I try to add an APP.
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

Can you send you .log file from your system to help you analysis your project issue. You can follow the steps in this link to extract the log file.
https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3400-DAVE-TIP-of-the-day-Extracting-the-DAVE4-logfile-(.log)-...

Also, please provide your system information, DAVE version, Windows OS version for us to help diagnose this.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi,

From the .logfile that you have provided, it seems that the DAVE library store was not installed properly or has been corrupted during the installation.
That seems to be the cause of your problem.

Therefore, I would recommend you to delete your DAVE librarystore and reinstall your library store again.
- Close DAVE IDE.
- Delete the DAVE library store folder manually.
- Re-launch DAVE
- Goto "Help-> Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Library..."
- Select "DAVE APPs Library Manager" to install the DAVE libraries again.

To know where your library store is installed, in DAVE4, you can goto: "Windows->Preference->DAVE->Library Manager"
From the logfile you provided, it is from this location: C:/Users/amanning/Infineon/D_LibraryStore_4.1

Could you try this please.

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
I will try this next week. Thanks for the help so far.
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
OK, that seems to have solved the problem. I can now add APPs to a new project and edit APPs in the examples projects.
There muss be a bug in the installation routine somewhere.

Is there a DAVE 4 example or APPs for the USIC in I2S mode available?
0 Likes
Not applicable
HI,

I2S is supported on XMCLib. At the moment, I do not have any example in DAVE4 on this. 😞

Regards,
Daryl
0 Likes
User10696
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
I have solved the I2S problems but I cannot get the DMA to work correctly, see my post "DMA Problems".
0 Likes