Can't add CAN apps

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I can't add any CAN app (MULTICAN_CONFIG, CAN_NODE) when the selected processor is 1403_Q040.

Also what is the recommended way to add 2 can node. I've added two CAN_NODE and a MULTICAN_CONFIG but DAVE says: not able to grant your hw resource request. (on 1404_Q064)
Also how to use MULTICAN_CONFIG with external bus (can't select pins in pin mapping perspective)
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The issue not being able to use any of the CAN APPs with XMC1403_Q040 has been confirmed to be a bug in the APP. By the end of the month a new version will be available.

To add two CAN nodes, just add two instances of the CAN_NODE APP.

The MULTICAN_CONFIG APP is consuming all CAN nodes. Therefore you can not mix CAN_NODE and MULTICAN_CONFIG APP.
They represent two different abstraction levels. The MULTICAN_CONFIG APP is more flexible and allows control over all the registers of the CAN peripheral.
You will need in addition to use the signal connectivity to connect to DIGITAL_IO APPs (GPIOs).

I would recommend to start with the CAN_NODE APP. If your use case is not covered, then revert to MULTICAN_CONFIG APP.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
Not applicable
bugs are working 🙂
0 Likes