Bug : If you delete a DAVE project from the workspace it cannot be re-imported

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I imported the DAVE App "ADC001_Example2" but was unable to run it in the debugger due to a "Debug UI" error. I may have accidently made changes to the project.

So I right clicked on the "ADC001_Example2" project in my workspace using DAVE and selected X Delete. This removed the "ADC001_Example2" App from my workspace.

However, if I try and import the "ADC001_Example2" App again using File->Import->Dave Project, the "ADC001_Example2" App is greyed out on the list of available Apps so I cannot import it. I have tried closing and re-opeing DAVE but this has no effect.

Does anyone have a workaround for the problem ?

Thanks very much

Aaron
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
OK, I found a workaround. Even though DAVE removed the project name "ADC001_Example2" from the project list, the folder "ADC001_Example2" was still present under my workspace folder when I looked with Windows Explorer.

So I manually delated the "ADC001_Example2" folder and I now get the option to import the project again.
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
You could have avoided manual deletion if you check to option “ Delete project contents on disk (cannot be undone)” in the control to delete a project.
It is certainly debatable why this is not checked per default, but we kept it as it comes with CDT.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you Georg, my mistake. I found the “ Delete project contents on disk (cannot be undone)” option. I have attached a picture of the dialog.

190.attach

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes