Bug : ADC001_Example2 : "Error within DebugUI" when trying to run in debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
When I build and try and run the DAVE "ADC001_Example2" App I get the error "Error within Debug UI". Please see attached screen shot.

182.attach

I am using the 'Infineon Hexagon Application Kit XMC4500 Series' which is fitted with a 'Stepping Code AA' device and I have noticed on the 'MCU Selection page' in DAVE that the 'Stepping Code AB' is set. I am unable to change this setting though as all devices in the list are greyed out. Please see attached screen shot.

183.attach

Any help would be much appreciated as I am basing my code on this example.

Aaron
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Came across this problem again on a different project and noticed the following problems in the project properties...

212.attach

213.attach

There is clearly a problem with the MCU infortmation.

In this example I had manually renamed a project in the workspace an then manuall copied an older version with the same name into the project so this may have confused DAVE.

Aaron
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello

I had the same Problem, if you have crashed your sources delete the Project and make FILE->Import->(Infineon)DAVE Project from Local Library Store.

After this close the Project and edit the File ".cProject" in the dir of the Project. You have to replace "XMC4500-F144x1024-AB" with "XMC4500-F144x1024" this should work. Stepping is not nessasary in this case (in AA Projects it is also not set).

Best Regards,
Phreaky
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks Phreaky, I'll give it a try.

Best regards
Aaron
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
The problem is in the device mapping file of the debugger (missing support for XMC4500 AB step). To solve this problem we have already provided a patch along in the May 10 update (see sticky note: information about updates)
The patch can be downloaded from here:
http://media.infineon.com/DAVE_3/Patch01/DAVE3.1.6_Patch_01.zip
0 Likes