Basic DAVE usage: HW signal connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14604
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
Hello!

I'm using XMC4x00 microcontrollers for quite some time now, but now I'm trying to achieve some time-critical operations with CCU4/8 and I rather use DAVE to generate some example code before trying it on my own.

The goal is to generate simple start/stop event for a CCU4 timer, which is connected to some digital I/O on my 4800 EtherCat relax board. After configuring event 0 and enabling the event, DAVE tells me that the event is not connected (probably to a digital IO or some sort of event app):

2712.attach

Already added Digital I/O app, but I'm unable to perform any connections between those two apps. Can anyone please hint me to a simple tutorial on that topic?

Thanks a lot!
ErnieT
0 Likes
1 Solution
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

You can need to connect the digital_io app pin signal to in the events inputs in the CCU4.
4920.attach

Afterwards you need to configure the start/stop functions to use the appropriate events.
4922.attach

Regards,
Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

You can need to connect the digital_io app pin signal to in the events inputs in the CCU4.
4920.attach

Afterwards you need to configure the start/stop functions to use the appropriate events.
4922.attach

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User14604
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
Hello Jesus,

thanks for the picture story.

I created a new DAVE project and added CCU4_SLICE_CONFIG [4.0.20] as well as DIGITAL_IO [4.0.16] apps to it.

4924.attach

Then configured the I/O as input and allocated a pin for it.

4925.attach
4915.attach

In next step, I tried to connect the two apps as shown in your screenshot. Problem is the CCU4 app does not show up the "HW Signal connections" dialog.

2490.attach

Seems that is my main problem. I wonder if I somehow have to place the digital I/O app under the CCU4 app (1st screenshot).

Best regards,
ErnieT
0 Likes
User14604
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored
Answer to self:
The input pins which can be used as event input depend on the CCU4 / CCU8 instance. They are listed in table "Port I/O function table" in manual. If a I/O is mapped to "Digitial IO" app, which does not match the CCU4 instance, the "HW Signal connections" does not even show the CCU4_SLICE_CONFIG.

It would be better much clearer to the user if he could select the instance, but then a message box appears which tells him that the selected I/O cannot be connected.
0 Likes
Andi_H
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hello Ernie,

you can choose the slice instance by your own under "Manuel Resource Assignment".

I would also recommend the follwoing tool: "XMC Pinout Tool"

http://www.infineon.com/dgdlc/en?dcId=8a8181663431cb50013431cb500b0000&downloadTitle=Infineon-XMC_Pi...

best regards
Andi
0 Likes